Meet Your Guide
René Cabrera Arroyo
“We offer in depth cultural experiences in small groups.”
René Cabrera Arroyo, a certified tour guide from Oaxaca City, leads our private tours at Casa de Las Bugambilias B&B. He has lived and traveled in many places in Mexico and the USA, and speaks fluent Spanish and English. He has learned hands-on about the local indigenous cultures, food and history of Oaxaca. He has a great relationship with local artisans as well as a knack for presenting information in a captivating way. He is constantly looking for different places and new craftsmen to make his tours more interesting and unique. René will make sure you are always provided with the best possible service.More about René
Contact René to:
- Arrange private tours to all major sites.
- Customize your own private tours according to your interests and time.
- Visit villages with black pottery, textiles, rug-weaving, and wooden carvings.
- Tour to all the archeological sites like Monte Albán, Atzompa, Mitla, Yágul, Lambityeco & Zaachila.
- Explore all of Oaxaca’s indigenous markets.
- Learn about Oaxacan mezcal culture, production, and traditions.
- Experience the traditional celebrations of Day of Dead, Christmas, & Easter.
We provide only customizable private tours, especially for you! Contact us today for more information or questions.Customize your Tour
The historic center of Oaxaca, a city founded in 1532, is one of the most beautiful and best preserved in all of Mexico. The harmonious grid layout is a superb example of Spanish colonial town planning. Named a World Heritage Site in 1987, Oaxaca has around 1200 historical monuments reflecting the city´s evolution from the 16th to the early 20th century.
This is what our clients are talking about us.
“Rene is a very knowledgeable tour guide. He will take you to the best spots in Oaxaca, off-the-beaten-path, and you will have the opportunity to meet world renowned artisans whose work will blow your mind…”
“Rene is fabulous, knows the best places to visit and restaurants to eat in. He and his family at Las Bugambilias really know how to take care of you, treating you like one of the family. Highly recommend.”
“I have been taking people to Mexico for over 25 years, I highly recommend Rene and his family for tours in Oaxaca and staying at their B&Bs. They are like family to me and are very special people.”